The mind in isolation gets in the habit of listening to only one channel ... the 'not good enough' channel. But other channels exist on different frequencies, just like the multitude of radio shows on all different frequencies.
For example, there's the genius channel, the innovation channel, the creative channel and the one I love the most, the infinite channel. Switching to these channels requires just one thing of you ... the willingness to let go of the 'not good enough' channel and turn that dial. Once you start listening to the 'music' on these other channels, the 'not good enough' channel seems to dissipate into thin air like it never was real anyways.
So how do you switch channels when the voice is running loud in your head?
1. Know that you are an amazing being with incredible genius inside you just bursting to get out, to escape its prison in your mind and in the deep caverns of your soul.
2. Throw that 'not good enough' chatter out the window of your mind and let it blow away on the winds of wonder.
3. Breathe, relax, expand. Enjoy experiencing your connection to all of Life, to the thriving, pulsing, creative energy that's waiting within you and in the air all around you. Allow yourself to feel the feelings of being big, bold, playful and yes, genius!
4. Open up to the genius that is yours, unique to you and nobody else. Call it up from the depths of you and in from the vastness of you. Make a home for it in your body and brain. Celebrate it, welcome it and say yes to it even if you don't know what it is yet.
5. Then just relax and let the 'music' of your genius play in you. Let it take its time to weave its way through you, resetting the channels, greasing the dial and uploading its how to's into you. Then in the most unexpected moments, ideas for what to do with it will start popping through you. Because now you're connected to another channel - the genius, creative, infinitely streaming AWESOME YOU channel....and that is so much more fun than that 'not good enough' channel.
I made a commitment some years ago to plug my isolated individual brain into the infinite intelligence of the universe, that awesomely streaming mainframe that gifts us all with immeasurable gifts of understanding, clarity, genius ideas and more. So in this case, I not only switched channels, but upgraded my mind (my personal computing power) to an infinitely streaming, genius model and it's worked a charm ever since. That 'not good enough' voice simply doesn't exist in me anymore and for that I am eternally grateful - because we all have so much awesomeness to gift to the world and I want to see every single being on this planet doing exactly that now. Genius unleashed in all!